Heraeus/Fusion UV Systems
Heraeus/Fusion UV System ApplicationsHeraeus/Fusion UV’s produces a variety of electrodeless, microwave-powered UV curing lamp systems that are ideal for curing inks and coatings. These systems have many applications including:
- Medical device manufacturing
- Wide format printing
- Wood finishing
- Cleanroom applications
- And more
Engineered to deliver up to 8,000 hours of lamp life at >90% output, these devices outlast arc lamp systems by thousands of hours. Heraeus/Fusion UV curing systems provide reliable, stable, and efficient operation with minimal maintenance requirements.
By design, Heraeus/Fusion UV lamps can be placed end-to-end to provide a larger cure width with uniform coverage and no breaks. For example, three Heraeus/Fusion UV lamps with 6” bulbs can be installed together to create a seamless 18” cure area.
Contact DoctorUV today for your Heraeus/Fusion UV Systems
Heraeus/Fusion UV Models
- UV F300 Series: This reliable, economical UV curing system utilizes a 6”, 300 watt/inch, microwave-powered lamp for superior performance in a compact package. The F300 Series is the preferred R&D tool for chemistry formulation, ink proofing, and cleanroom applications. Designed for use with Heraeus/Fusion UV’s LC6B UV curing conveyor
- UV F450 Series: The F450 delivers the same superior performance as the F300, but uses a 10” lamp with 300 watt/inch output. These dependable systems provide functional and decorative finishes on a variety of substrates—cans, bottles, folding cartons, glass, wood products, and more.
- UV F600 Series: With a 10”, 600 watt/inch bulb, the F600 delivers double the power of the F300. This higher power output increases UV curing effectiveness, provides faster curing times, and effectively cures very thick coatings. For added versatility, a High/Low switch allows the user to toggle between 600 and 400 watts of power.
- Light Hammer 6: The power output of this UV curing system is adjustable from 25% to 100%, in 1% increments, for precise curing applications. Features a 6” bulb delivering about 500 watt/inch. Rapid cycling is also possible to mimic an electronic shutter. Fits the LC6B UV curing conveyor or any 6” lamp system.
- Light Hammer 10: Provides a maximum of 600 watt/inch, adjustable from 35% to 100% in 1% increments for fine-tuned UV curing. Advanced technology and features deliver superior flexibility and unrivaled reliability in all applications.
Heraeus/Fusion UV F300 Series
The F300S features the production-proven 300 watt/inch microwave powered electrodeless lamp, packaged in a more compact form. This economical, remotely controlled lamp enables you to realize the full benefit of Fusion UV in your production process. The ever popular “H”, “D” and “V” bulb spectra are in stock and currently available. The microwave lamp system operates without the metal electrodes required in arc lamps and provides the most reliable, stable, and efficient UV curing system available on the market today. The F300 series is the curing system of choice when minimal down time, minimum maintenance, and maximum product output are the key performance parameters that are needed for performance perfection.
Click this link for more information on our F300 Series electrodeless UV bulbs
Heraeus/Fusion UV F450 Series
The F450T system contains three major elements, some of the benefits of these elements include:
- Electrodeless Bulb – Long bulb lifetime, rapid start and restart, high UV/ low IR output, rapid bulb change
- Irradiator – Focused elliptical reflector, positive air cooling, engineered modular design
- Power Supply – On/off/standby controls, safety interlocks, production line connections and interlock
- Click this link for more information on our F450 Series electrodeless UV bulbs
Heraeus/Fusion UV F600 SeriesThe F600S UV lamp system from Fusion UV Systems is a major advance in UV curing lamp technology. The F600 modular 10-inch lamp system operates at 600 watts/inch level, but increases UV output above previous benchmarks of 300 to 400 watts/inch with no reduction of warranted bulb life.
Click this link for more information on our F600 Series electrodeless UV bulbs
Heraeus/Fusion UV LC6B Benchtop ConveyorThe LC6 Benchtop Conveyor is a production UV curing unit that is suitable for laboratory and R&D applications. It can also be used in testing of adhesives, inks and coatings for qualification, cure response testing, or performance evaluation. It can handle a variety of substrates up to 7-1/2 inches wide with an effective curing width up to 6 inches. The lamp and housing are adjustable to accommodate parts up to 3 inches high.
Click this link for more information on our LC6B benchtop conveyors
Heraeus/Fusion UV DRS-10/12 Conveyor SystemThese Conveyor Equipped Systems are specifically designed for Laboratory R&D or Production Line Use. The DRS-10/12 offers the performance of electrodeless lamp technology in both laboratory and production line environments. The F300, F450, F455, F600, VPS, LH6 and LH10 lamp systems are available with inter-changeable special fill bulbs, which offers the user the flexibility to select the most appropriate UV spectrum for the chemistry being used. These systems allow for the evaluation of curing processes for larger production lines for chemical formulator, coating manufacturer, and end user applications, or they can be placed into production as is. The DRS will satisfy user needs for increased productivity, lower energy costs and product quality improvements.
Click this link for more information on our DRS conveyor systems
Heraeus/Fusion UV Light Hammer® 6The UV Light Hammer 6 offers some nice features which include:
- 15 cm (6 inch) bulb length
- 200 W per CM (467 W per inch) power level
- Operates at 25% to 100% in 1% increments, or in a rapid cycling mode to affect an electronic shutter
- Available with a remote or integral blower
Heraeus/Fusion UV Light Hammer® 10Operating in the power class of 600 watts/inch, the Light Hammer 10 features two easy-to-service modular components: the microwave-powered irradiator and the solid-state power supply. At the heart of Fusion UV’s technology is the electrodeless bulb mounted in an elliptical reflector. The elliptical reflector is designed to focus an intense strip of light 53.3 mm (2.1 inches) below the face of the lamp. Our systems offer many advantages over traditional drying methods. They have been shown to increase production speed, reduce reject rates, improve scratch and solvent resistance, and facilitate superior bonding.
Click this link for more information on the UV Light Hammer 10 system
Heraeus/Fusion UV VPS Series (10”)Variable Power Supply (VPS) models offer:
- Power level controllable from 25% to 100%, in 5% steps
- Optional module providing 1% step control from a 4-20 MA signal provided by the customer
- Maximum output at 100% power level: 600 watts/inch (240 watts/cm) for the I600, 375 watts/inch (150 watts/cm) for the I250, Automatic adaptation to 50 or 60 Hz power sources unaffected by minor power line voltage variations
- Maximum power level for 25 cm (10 inch) bulb length, 240 W/cm (600 w/inch)
- Modules can be linked for wider systems, 25% to 100% power level adjustments made in 1% or 5% increments
Heraeus/Fusion UV Web Curing Light Shield
Fusion UV’s Modular Light Shield (MLS) system is a new and innovative approach to building light shields for web or conveyor applications. The Modular Light Shield (MLS) system provides a more cost-effective solution with quick delivery that does not sacrifice quality, performance, versatility, features, or appearance. The MLS is a deviation from the conventional custom engineered systems that feature complex sheet-metal welded components that are uniquely designed for each project. Building light shields is no longer a time consuming or costly approach to web curing.