Enercon Corona Treatments
Dyne-A-MiteEnercon’s Dyne-A-Mite eliminates the need for chemical priming and etching processes prior to UV printing or coating. It improves surface adhesion via a highly effective and uniform air plasma arc. The unique design of the Dyne-A-Mite generates an aggressive blown arc discharge that is ideal for high line speeds and demanding applications.
Remarkably easy to use, the Dyne-A-Mite effectively improves adhesion on all types of surfaces for printing, painting, coating, bonding, and labeling applications. It treats extruded, pultruded, molded, and formed materials, such as:
DoctorUV also offers flame surface treatment devices from Enercon.
How Corona Surface Treatment WorksCorona treating increases the surface energy of plastic films, foils, paper, and more. This improves wettability and adhesion of inks, coatings, and adhesives. This method works best when a substrate is treated at the time of extrusion and inline prior to converting. Corona treating increases quality and productivity through improved print quality, faster press speeds, and reduced scrap.
- Easy operation: Front panel mounting of all controls and indicators, with simple power ON/OFF and treatment START/STOP buttons
- Remote Start/Stop: Terminals are available for customer-supplied start/stop push buttons
- Heavy Duty Blower: Provides continuous, high-volume air jet for maximum plasma deflection and treatment (not included with compressed air models)
- Rugged, High Voltage Power: HV transformer is rated for long-term reliability under continuous duty
- Safety: Terminals are provided for external interlock to ensure safe operation
- Communication Interface Cable: For remote operation, loss of treatment indicator, safety, and operational interlocks
- Advanced Protective Circuitry: Monitors and protects against overcurrent, under-power, and air flow
- Virtually Maintenance Free!